I’ve been doing this long enough to know what to look for when hiring a local carpet cleaner. So, I’ve come up with some solid advice and tips for you while researching which local carpet cleaner best fits your needs…
- Be aware of the coupon bait and switch games. When hiring a local carpet cleaner, ask specific questions about what is included and not included with their service! We have heard of some carpet cleaners who will give you a great quote and then add on costs at the site. Be honest with the work that you need done and exact measurements if possible. If Jinxy cat has been urinating on your carpet for 5 years let them know that. You really want to be honest and upfront about everything you can think of with regards to your carpet history. Remember, you do get what you pay for! So, the cheapest carpet cleaner may not be what will work for your situation.
- Carpet is made with a water soluble glue and the wetter you get it, the quicker it wears out. So, the best carpet cleaning process is a low moisture cleaning system. This process will double the life of your carpet. Look for a local carpet cleaner that uses this process which allows most carpets to dry in an hour! Of course, if their are pet stains you will need special isolated attention to those areas.
- Do your research! I have found that unsolicited third party review such as Google, Yelp, Bing, Facebook, and Yahoo will help you with finding the perfect local carpet cleaner. Look for a solid and reputable company that’s been around awhile.
- Using a local carpet cleaner that is honest without hidden costs benefits your community by keeping the dollar local.
- Look for a local carpet cleaner that offers exact appointment times that will be respectful of your time.
- Above all listen to your gut and recommendations from friends and family.
Let us know if you have any other advice or tips for hiring a local carpet cleaner!